Terms & Conditions
For your convenience, a list of "Frequently Asked Questions" and their answers are available on our web site at www.MadScienceLi.org
Mad Science strives at all times to provide fun and safe science activities for all children participating in our programs. To fulfill this commitment, we ask that all children enrolled adhere to basic behavioral guidelines. Our instructors set clear boundaries and expectations as to appropriate conduct and we will hold all students to these expectations. We ask your cooperation should any parent be notified of discipline problems. It is our intention to provide children with, not deprive them of, exciting and fun science. It is only when a child interrupts this positive learning environment that we would take any such action. If necessary, Mad Science may ask that your child be removed from the program. In such a case, any refund would be at the sole discretion of Mad Science.
Mad Science also has expectations of the parents whose children are enrolled in our programs. Only children with a sincere interest in our programs and the necessary maturity to handle this environment and these learning activities should participate. An approved guardian must pick up children promptly at the stated dismissal time. All parents are encouraged support the learning process after the program is dismissed.
There is an element of risk inherent in participating in the scientific process and handling scientific materials and equipment. We at Mad Science of Long Island take every precaution to ensure the safety of your children and our staff. It is important for students and their parents to understand that if used improperly, and/or without instructor supervision, certain equipment and materials can be dangerous and could result in severe injury.
By enrolling your child in any Mad Science program you agree to the following terms and conditions:
• A Mad Science program can refer to any or all of the following: After-School Programs administered by Mad Science, your child’s school or a third party provider of children’s activities; In-Class Workshops for school-aged or pre-school students; Scout Workshops; Summer Camps; Shows, Assemblies or other entertainment events; or Birthday Parties.
• You are the parent or legal guardian of the enrolled child and have full legal authority on behalf of said child.
• You certify that your child is physically able to participate in all Mad Science activities.
• You understand that failure to abide by the policies and guidelines as outlined by your child’s instructor may result in the revocation of your child’s enrollment and the forfeiture of any and all funds. Furthermore, you understand that damage to equipment and/or the facility due to reckless acts and/or deliberate indifference by your child will be your financial responsibility.
• You agree that Mad Science of Long Island assumes no responsibility for injuries or losses caused by your child’s inappropriate behavior which is beyond our control.
• In the event that you cannot be contacted, you fully authorize Mad Science of Long Island and its employees and/or representatives and any medical personnel, hospital and/or physician to give any medical attention to your child.
• You release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Mad Science Group (a division of 2946033 Canada Inc.), ZoDa, LLC doing business as Mad Science of Long Island, its principals, officers, employees, agents and representatives, from any and all claims of any nature for injury or loss that may result from such participation, preparation for such participation or spectatorship of any and all Mad Science programs, its activities and preparations.
• You fully consent to allow ZoDa, LLC doing business as Mad Science of Long Island, its principals, officers, employees, agents and representatives to use any media, including but not limited to film and electronic photography or video, taken during this program for any and all purposes to include publicity.
• You expressly allow Mad Science to provide program information, including for marketing purposes, via any contact information (such as email address, home address and/or phone number(s) that you provide to Mad Science.
Furthermore, the following terms and conditions will apply to the specific Mad Science programs:
After-school Program Payment Policy
• You understand that payment in full is required at the time of enrollment in a Mad Science After-School program.
After-school Refund Policy
• Mad Science will not refund any payments once the Program has started. Any cancellation before the start of the program will be charged a $25 administrative fee. In some occasions, registration is handled by a school or other organization, in which case you may contact the host organization to inquire about their refund policy for your specific Mad Science program.
After-school Dismissal Policy
• An approved guardian must pick up your child promptly at the stated dismissal time of program. Mad Science reserves the right to charge a "late pickup fee" of $1.00 per minute beginning 10 minutes after the stated end time of class. This fee must be paid directly to the Mad Scientist who has supervised your child. Your child cannot return to the program until the "late pickup fee" is paid. Subsequent late pickups may result in your child being removed from the program. If you are unsure about exact pickup procedures for
your child’s Mad Science class, please feel free to give us a call
Increment Weather/Class Cancellation Policy
• Mad Science will follow the inclement weather and school closure policy of the school district or host organization in which we are instructing. In the case of inclement weather, please contact us or host organization to determine if your Mad Science class will be running.
• When setting up our programs with host organizations we try to include a minimum of one make-up day into our scheduling. However, this is not always possible. Mad Science will attempt to reschedule weather-related class cancellations or other events beyond our control or planning, but with no guarantees. Please contact the host organization for their refund policy.
• You certify that your child is age 6 or older prior to the commencement of the Mad Science Camp.
Camp Payment Policy
• You understand at the time of enrollment in a Mad Science camp payment in full is required.Camp Refund Policy
• Cancellations by you received more than 30 days prior to the start of the camp week for which you registered will be refunded the amount paid minus a $50 administrative fee.
• Cancellations by you received between 30 and 15 days prior to the start of the camp week for which you registered will be issued a “Science Camp Voucher” for the value of the camp week(s) being cancelled minus a $50 administrative fee. The value of said camp voucher can be applied to the payment of any future registration for a science camp week. You will also have the option to switch camp sessions up to 15 days prior to the start of your original choice, on a space-available basis, at no additional charge.
• No refunds will be issued for any cancellation within 14 days prior to the start of the camp being cancelled.
• No refunds or prorated credits will be issued for any reason.
• Only Mastercard, Visa or Discover credit cards are accepted methods of payment.
Camp Dismissal Policy
• An approved guardian must pick up your child promptly at the stated dismissal time of program. Mad Science reserves the right to charge a "late pickup fee" of $1.00 per minute beginning 10 minutes after the stated end time of camp. This fee must be paid directly to the Mad Scientist who has supervised your child. Your child cannot return to the camp until the "late pickup fee" is paid. Subsequent late pickups may result in your child being removed from the camp program. If you are unsure about exact pickup procedures for your child’s Mad Science camp, please feel free to give us a call
Increment Weather/Camp Cancellation Policy
• Mad Science will follow the inclement weather and closure policy of the local government authority, school district or host organization in which we are instructing. In the case of inclement weather, please contact our host organization to determine if your Mad Science camp will be running.
• Mad Science will attempt to reschedule weather-related camp cancellations or other events beyond our control or planning, but with no guarantees. Please contact the host organization for their refund policy.
Why did you receive a mailing from us?
Our email marketing is permission based. If you received a mailing from us, our records indicate that (a) you have expressly shared this address for the purpose of receiving information from us (such as signing up via our web site to receive our newsletters), or (b) you have registered for or participated in one of our programs or events or otherwise have an existing relationship with us. We respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our mailings.
How can you stop receiving email from us?
Each email sent contains an easy, automated way for you to cease receiving email from us. If you wish to do this, simply click the “Unsubscribe” link on any email.
How we protect your privacy
We use appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of data used by our system.
Sharing and Usage
We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information with anyone for their promotional use without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is only available to employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you or sending you emails based on your request for information, and to contracted service providers for purposes of providing services relating to our communications with you.Use of Web Beacons
When we send you emails, we may include a web beacon to allow us to determine the number of people who open our emails. When you click on a link in an email, we may record this individual response to allow us to customize our offerings to you. Web beacons collect only limited information, such as a cookie identifier, time and date of a page being viewed, and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides (the URL).
Web Beacons can be refused when delivered via email. If you do not wish to receive Web Beacons via email, you will need to disable HTML images or refuse HTML (select Text only) emails via your email software.
This policy was modified on July 6, 2011ZoDa, LLC d/b/a Mad Science of Long Island
PO BOX 401
Woodmere, NY 11598