Terms & Conditions
WINTER BREAK CAMP/SPRING BREAK/SUMMER CAMP/OTHER WEEK-LONG
DAY CAMP PROGRAM POLICIES
CAMP CANCELLATION POLICY
Cancellations received at least two-weeks prior to the camp start date will be refunded less a $25 processing fee. Cancellation requests received less than 14 days prior to camp start date will not be refunded.
Mad Science will send out email confirmations of summer camp approximately two weeks prior to the camp start date to those families that provide an email address. Customers not providing an email address will not receive a confirmation.
CAMP MINIMUM/MAXIMUM ENROLLMENT
Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Mad Science reserves the right to cancel any camp that does not meet the minimum enrollment of 10 campers. If your child’s camp is cancelled you will be offered a spot in an alternate camp or a full refund. Maximum enrollment in Mad Science summer camp is limited to 24 in a school age camp. Mad Science summer camp maintains a school age staff/camper ratio of 1:17. The Let's Get Growing camp for 4 to 5 year olds maintains a ratio of 1:10 with a maximum of 20 campers.
CAMP: WHAT TO BRING & WEAR?
We will provide all campers with a Mad Science water bottle. To avoid issues with food allergies, Mad Science will not provide any food to campers. It is always a good idea to inform Mad Science of any food allergies your child may have. Half Day campers should bring a snack and full day campers should bring a sack lunch and snacks. Have your child wear play clothes. There is always the possibility of stains when working with science! Send your child with shoes that will remain securely on their feet while running.
CAMP DROP-OFF & PICK-UP POLICIES
* Please make sure your child arrives on time. Our days are jammed full of exciting activities. We wouldn't want them to miss a thing!
* You or your designee are required to daily escort your child into the building and sign them into camp.
* You must also pick up your child at the classroom door and sign them out of camp.
* Do not drop your child off and leave him/her unattended before the start time of camp. Our instructor will not be responsible for children until the stated start time of the camp day.
*Please pick up your child on time! Our Mad Scientists have other responsibilities immediately following camp. Late pickup charges will begin 5 minutes after the end of camp. The late pickup charge is $1 per minute and must be paid to the Mad Science office prior to the start of the next day of camp in order for your child to continue.
CAMP BEHAVIOR GUIDELINES & EXPECTATIONS
* Mad Science strives at all times to provide fun science activities to all children. In an effort to fulfill this commitment we ask that all children enrolled adhere to basic behavioral guidelines. We realize that the hands-on high-energy nature of our program excites and motivates children. Our programs are specifically designed to harness and direct that energy. Our instructors set clear boundaries and expectations as to appropriate conduct and we will hold all students to these expectations. If a child becomes disrespectful of others we will notify you immediately and ask for your help.
* Mad Science has a zero-tolerance policy regarding violence of any kind. Children exhibiting violent behavior will be asked not to return to Mad Science. There will be no refund.
CAMP PARTICIPANT PHOTOS
On occasion Mad Science Staff may take photos of participants in our programs, classes and events. Please be aware that these photos are for Mad Science use only and may be used in promotional materials. If you have any concerns regarding this, please notify your instructor at the beginning of your program, class or event.
MEDICAL AUTHORIZATION & LIABILITY RELEASE
By registering a child and submitting payment of the fees for the program, parents/guardians authorize camp directors and/or instructors to consent to any emergency medical, surgical or dental examination, treatments, etc. and release and discharge Mad Science of Portland and Vancouver & Vancouver from any and all claims for personal injuries. In addition, Mad Science is insured for its own liability but does not provide Medical or Accident insurance for camp participants.
If you have any additional questions about Mad Science policies and procedures,
please contact our office (503) 230-8040 or email@example.com