Terms & Conditions
Email receipts are emailed to the address on your account upon completion of payment. An email reminder is sent 1-7 days prior to the start of class . Notice of schedule changes and make-up sessions is sent via email as needed. Please add email@example.com to your address book to avoid notification delays.
The school receives a roster prior to start of the 1st class. Most schools announce Mad Science classes each week on class day. We do not pick up children from their classroom. We do take roll each class.
You may want to remind your child or send a note to the child’s teacher so that the teacher can remind your child to go to Mad Science class.
Mad Science strives at all times to provide fun and safe science activities for all children participating in our programs. To fulfill this commitment, we ask that all children enrolled adhere to basic behavioral guidelines.
Our instructors set clear boundaries and expectations as to appropriate conduct, and we will hold all students to these expectations. We ask your cooperation should you be notified of discipline problems. It is our intention to provide children with, not deprive them of, exciting and fun science. It is only when a child interrupts this positive learning environment that we would take any such action. If necessary, Mad Science may ask that your child be removed from the program. In such a case, any refund would be at the sole discretion of Mad Science.
Mad Science also has expectations of the parents whose children are enrolled in our programs. Only children with a sincere interest in our programs and the necessary maturity to handle this environment and these learning activities should participate. All children are expected to maintain proper behavior while attending the program. If a child displays disruptive, disrespectful, or inappropriate behavior and repeated warnings by Mad Science fail to yield results, parents will be contacted. If the behavior continues, the child will be dismissed from the program and no refund will be given.
By enrolling your child in any Mad Science program you agree to the following terms and conditions:
• A Mad Science program can refer to any or all of the following: after-school programs whether administered by Mad Science, your child’s school or a third party provider of children’s activities; in-class workshops whether for school-aged or pre-school students; scout workshops; camps; school holiday mini-camps; shows, assemblies or other entertainment events; or birthday parties.
• You are the parent or legal guardian of the enrolled child and have full legal authority on behalf of said child.
• You certify that your child is physically able to participate in all Mad Science activities.
• You understand that failure to abide by the policies and guidelines as outlined by your child’s instructor may result in the revocation of your child’s enrollment. Further, you understand that damage to equipment and/or the facility due to reckless acts and/or deliberate indifference by your child will be your financial responsibility.
• You agree that Mad Science of St. Louis assumes no responsibility for injuries or losses caused by situations or inappropriate behavior beyond their control.
• You agree that Mad Science of St. Louis is not responsible for stains, spills and other damage to student clothing that occur during the normal course of a Mad Science program. Science can be messy sometimes, and students should be dressed accordingly.
• In the event that you cannot be contacted, you fully authorize Mad Science of Greater Kansas City and its employees and/or representatives and any medical personnel, hospital and/or physician to give medical attention to your child.
• You release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Mad Science Group (a division of 2946033 Canada Inc.), Mad Science of St. Louis, its principals, officers, employees, agents and representatives, from any and all claims of any nature for injury or loss that may result from such participation, preparation for such participation or spectatorship of any and all Mad Science programs, its activities and preparations.
- Mad Science of St. Louis does not provide lunch or snack for camp. Please send a bagged lunch (full day only) and morning/ afternoon snack with your camper.
- Mad Science occasionally does have food related activities. Please note in the “Health Concerns” section any food allergies, sensitivities, or diet restrictions your child has.
- Many Mad Science programs involve latex. Please note in “Health Concerns” if your child has a latex allergy.
- Mad Science does not have medical personnel on staff.
- Mad Science does administer medication
- If your child will be picked up after Mad Science, you must meet your child at the room location in the designated location at the designated dismissal time.
- If at least 10 children do not enroll in a particular session and Mad Science cancels the program, a full refund will be granted.
- If you wish to withdraw a child from a camp more than 30 days prior to the start of the camp, you will receive a refund, less a $25 service charge. Withdrawals that are communicated between 8 and 30 days prior to the start of the camp will be given a refund, less a $50 service charge.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations inside of 8 days prior to the start of the camp - we often are under obligation to pay the camp-facility a facility-fee at that point in time. At any time prior to the start of a camp, you may transfer your registration to another child with no service charge.
- If you wish to withdraw a child from an after-school program prior to the start of the after-school program, a $10 processing fee will be deducted from the refund.
- A $25 fee will be charged for checks that are returned unpaid.
- If paying by check, space is not reserved until payment is received.