Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Mad Science strives at all times to provide fun and safe science activities for all children participating in our courses. To fulfill this commitment, we ask that all children enrolled adhere to basic behavioural guidelines. Our practitioners set clear boundaries and expectations as to appropriate conduct and we will hold all children to these expectations. We ask your cooperation should any parent be notified of discipline problems. It is our intention to provide children with, not deprive them of, exciting and fun science. It is only when a child interrupts this positive learning environment that we would take any such action. If necessary, Mad Science may ask that your child be removed from the session. In such a case, any refund would be at the sole discretion of Mad Science.
Mad Science also has expectations of the parents whose children are registered onto our courses. Only children with a sincere interest in our courses and the necessary maturity to handle this environment and these learning activities should participate. An approved guardian must pick up children promptly at the stated dismissal time. All parents are encouraged support the learning process after the session.
There is an element of risk inherent in participating in the scientific process and handling scientific materials and equipment. Mad Science West Midlands takes every precaution to ensure the safety of your children and our staff. It is important for children and their parents to understand that if used improperly, and/or without supervision, certain equipment and materials can be dangerous and could result in severe injury.
By registering your child onto any Mad Science course you agree to the following terms and conditions:
• A Mad Science course can refer to any or all of the following: After-School Clubs, your child’s school or a third party provider of children’s activities; Workshops; School Holiday Camps; Shows, Assemblies or other entertainment events; or Birthday Parties.
• You are the parent or legal guardian of the enrolled child and have full legal authority on behalf of said child.
• You certify that your child is physically able to participate in all Mad Science activities.
• You understand that failure to abide by the policies and guidelines as outlined by your child’s practitioner may result in the revocation of your child’s enrollment and the forfeiture of any and all funds. Furthermore, you understand that damage to equipment and/or the facility due to reckless acts and/or deliberate indifference by your child will be your financial responsibility.
• You agree that Mad Science West Midlands assumes no responsibility for injuries or losses caused by your child’s inappropriate behavior which is beyond our control.
• In the event that you cannot be contacted, you fully authorize Mad Science West Midlands and its employees and/or representatives and any medical personnel, hospital and/or physician to give any medical attention to your child.
• You release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Mad Science Group (a division of 2946033 Canada Inc.), PJT Community Science CIC trading as Mad Science West Midlands, its directors, employees, agents and representatives, from any and all claims of any nature for injury or loss that may result from such participation, preparation for such participation or spectatorship of any and all Mad Science courses, its activities and preparations.
• You fully consent to allow PJT Community Science CIC trading as Mad Science West Midlands, its directors, employees, agents and representatives to use any media, including but not limited to film and electronic photography or video, taken during a course for any and all purposes to include publicity.
Furthermore, the following terms and conditions will apply to the specific Mad Science courses:
After-school Club Payment Policy
• Payment is required in full at the time of registration.
After-school Refund Policy
• Payments are non-refundable.
After-school Dismissal Policy
• An approved guardian must pick up your child promptly at the stated dismissal time of class. Mad Science reserves the right to charge a late pickup fee of £1 per minute beginning 10 minutes after the stated end time of class. This fee must be paid directly to the Mad Scientist who has supervised your child. Your child cannot return to class until this fee is paid. A second late pickup will result in your child being removed from class.
Inclement Weather/Class Cancellation Policy
• Mad Science will attempt to reschedule weather-related after-school club cancellations or other events beyond our control or planning, but with no guarantees. No refunds will be issued.
• You certify that your child is age 5 or older prior to the commencement of the Mad Science Camp.
Camp Payment Policy
• Payment is required in full at the time of registration.
Camp Refund Policy
For Mad Science camps where registration and payment take place through our online registration, the refund policy shall be:
• Cancellations by you that occur greater than 30 days prior to the start of the camp will receive a full refund.
• Cancellations by you requested between 15 and 30 days prior to the start of the camp will be subject to a £15 cancellation fee.
• No refunds will be given for cancellations by you within 15 days prior to the start of the camp.
• At any time prior to the start of a camp, you may transfer your registration to another child without incurring any charges. You may switch sessions up to 15 days prior to your original choice on a space-available basis at no additional charge.
If we do not get sufficient registrations to run the camp, Mad Science will make every effort to provide alternative camp locations or you will be offered the option of a full refund.
Should your child be removed from a camp due to behavioural issues or consistent late pick-ups, there will be no refund.
Camp Dismissal Policy
• An approved guardian must pick up your child promptly at the stated dismissal time of camp. Mad Science reserves the right to charge a late pickup fee of £1 per minute beginning 10 minutes after the stated end time of camp. This fee must be paid directly to the Mad Scientist who has supervised your child. Your child cannot return to camp until this fee is paid. A second late pickup will result in your child being removed from camp.
Inclement Weather/Camp Cancellation Policy
• Mad Science will attempt to reschedule weather-related camp cancellations or other events beyond our control or planning, but with no guarantees. No refunds will be issued.
Why did you receive a mailing from us?
Our email marketing is permission based. If you received a mailing from us, our records indicate that (a) you have expressly shared this address for the purpose of receiving information from us (such as signing up via our web site to receive our newsletters), or (b) you have registered for or participated in one of our clubs or events or otherwise have an existing relationship with us. We respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our mailings.
How can you stop receiving email from us?
Each email sent contains an easy, automated way for you to cease receiving email from us. If you wish to do this, simply click the “Unsubscribe” link on any email or send a reply email with the words “unsubscribe” in the subject box.
How we protect your privacy
We use appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of data used by our system.
Sharing and Usage
We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information with anyone for their promotional use without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is only available to employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you or sending you emails based on your request for information, and to contracted service providers for purposes of providing services relating to our communications with you.
PJT Community Science CIC, T/A Mad Science West Midlands,
Rigby Close, and Heathcote Ind. Estate. Warwick CV34 6TH
Tel: 01926 429875